A new Horizon in Public Sector Micro-finance.
of ongoing micro-credit programs, has encouraged the Bank authority to undertake a new product.
"Ghoroa Prokalpa" which is a package of facilities offered to the rural
people with a view to empower rural people, generate income, create employment and retain them in the
diversified micro-credit program has been
launched on 25th July 2000.
- Accelerate growth of rural economy through income generating
maximum rural dwellers in production/income generating activities.
- Making each household a "Production Farm".
Attempt to empower rural
poor people in a cluster of family.
Making rural branches sustainable.
Important Features :
- Fulfil the entire credit need of each family.
- Loan without guarantee/collateral security
TK. 40,000/= (around US$ 750).
- Savings opportunity at a higher interest rate.
- Encouragement for afforestation.
- Incentive to bank personnel for satisfactory performance.
- Delegating requisite sanctioning power to
- Provision for linkage with NGO in some selected outlet.